DUBICARS INTERNATIONAL - CONTROL AUTO
Dubicars is an online automobile marketplace based in Dubai, for sellers and buyers, with further functionalities like valuation, and car guides. Dubicars platforms focus on cars on mobile, and desktop devices. With a combination of photos, quality descriptions, industry data and a team that are passionate about cars. Dubicars are experienced in exporting cars to overseas.
Control auto is an extension for Dubicars, and provide exclusive services for their users. The requirement was for the new platform to be used, and bring on a number of other suppliers, to collect a wider range of car dealers and service providers under one umbrella. During phase 1 development the project have focused on controlauto.net desktop mode.
Further along the line in phase 2 the team have created a more advanced mobile application.
The outcome was an exclusive cross-platform advertising Client Relationship Manager application and website for Control Auto and its customers, which has an enabled built in integration for social media and other car retail sites. Which allowed a single platform communication channel for the clients wanted to advertise through Dubicars, and other retail sites or social media.
- i18n (English, Arabic right to left support)
- Google Maps
- Google Translate for multi-language messaging service
- Google Analytics
- Social media integration (Facebook, and any other market site on request)
For backend we have used the following technologies
- Shared NPM modules
- AWS SQS message queue
- AWS RDS postgres database
- Socket.io on horizontally scaled services with postgres adapter
- AWS S3 storage
- AWS ECS and EKS container services
- AWS Cloudfront and many other network services
- Jenkins CI
- Sequelize models and migrations
- Mandrill Mailchimp integration
- Sharp image transformations
- Using typescript in both client and server applications
- Unit- and JMeter stresstests with Jenkins integration
- Worker services for legacy migrations